Section 4 of the Law Reform Commission Act, Cap. 171, among others, mandate the Commission to:
- Take and keep under review laws of the United Republic with a view to its systematic development and reform.
- Review any law or branch oflaw and propose measures necessary for:
a)bringing that law or branch of the law into accord with
current circumstances of Tanzania;
b)eliminating anomalies, repealing obsolete or unnecessary laws and reducing the number of separate enactments; and
c)proper codification and simplification of that law or branch of law.
- Consider and advise on the adoption of new or more effective methods for the administration of law and dispensation of justice.
- Consolidate and make revision of laws.
- Prepare draft Bills pursuant to programmes approved by the Attorney-General.
- Provide advice and assistance to MDAs or any institution undertaking examination of law and makes recommendations for reform.
- Establish and maintain a system of collaboration, consultation and cooperation with anybody within or outside the country engaged in law reform.
- Convene and facilitate seminars, workshops for dissemination of information on matters relating to law reform.